Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Taking Flight

And off I went!

After saying a grueling good-bye to my parents, I set off to Amsterdam. The flight was surprisingly easy and the time went by very quickly, I think that is partly due to the friends I made in Toronto Airport who were on the same flight as me. We spent most of our matching 3 hour layover time relaxing in some large sofas in Schipol Airport discussing our lives. They were two Hungarian girls on their way back home to Budapest after spending the summer in Toronto.

As I was waiting for them to get off the plane though, I bumped into a girl I go to school with! Crazy, huh?
She was on the exact same flight as I was on her way to go visit family in the Middle East.

The second flight was a little more annoying, towards the end. After exhausting most of the movies and tv shows I turned to the people sitting beside me. They were a French couple from Paris. And so I had a little extra French practice, and they had some English practuce!

All in all, I was very tired when I arrived in Johannesburg and so grateful for the easy voyage.
It was when my head hit the pillow of the friends I was staying with that I knew it was worth it and
I was home.

No comments:

Post a Comment