Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Farm

This one'll try and be a short update, I want to go join my godparents and the volunteers who are watching tv.
-Besides I'm exhausted!

Today I arrived in Cape Town. Had a bit of trouble with my luggage, as it stayed in Jo'burg. UGH. We'll have to make the 1 to 1 1/2 hour trip to the airport again to go pick it up, but for now I'll have to survive on what I've got with me!
Which is: A tooth brush, tooth-paste, pj pants, two t-shirts, undies, jeans, a tank top, two pairs of socks and a sweater.
Clearly, I'll be borrowing lots...

Then I came back to the farm, which somehow becomes more and more ravishingly exquisite and beautiful every time I come back, and had a long nap. I had the pleasure of meeting the two volunteers who came from England and started off volunteering in Januuary for six weeks and ended up staying for six months! You just fall in love with the farm, and thats the truth. We went up the mountain in the buki, picking Proteas on our way back down.
[I'll post pics soon!!!]

The best was going out for dinner to a little restaurant in the back of a house. A sweet Italian South African man makes pizzas, (only pizzas, no drinks or anything. We brought wine and juice with us!), that are brilliant and super tasty. I was completely full of love and garlic by the end. YUM.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful! enjoy every moment and absorb all impressions like frederick the mouse and bring them all back to share. love you, miss you. dad

    ReplyDelete